Custom Light Manufacturing
Manufacturing is a key industry in the region and across the state with outdoor recreation being a key industry sub-sector. The City of Eagle recognizes that moderate to heavy manufacturing will never be a good fit for Eagle, but Eagle has a base of assets and resources to attract and support light manufacturing companies.
- Skilled Workforce
- Low Property Taxes
- Low Cost Electricity
- Low Natural Disaster Risk
- Excellent Transportation Networks
Encompassing the Boise River, the Eagle Foothills, Eagle Island State Park, and the Greenbelt, Eagle provides an attractive location for those companies wanting to test their product right outside their back door. In addition, quality of life, and health and wellness are critical reasons why residents choose to live in Eagle, which also provides the opportunity for industry clusters to address these needs.
Industry Sub-Sector Targets
- Outdoor Products & Recreation Technology
- Wineries, Cideries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Snack Foods
- Coffee and Tea
- Spice and Extract
- Apparel and Footwear
- Commercial Printing
- Pharmaceutical and Medicine
- Soap, Lotions and Makeup
- Glass and Pottery
- Kitchen Utensils, Cutlery and Flatware
- Hardware and Electronics
- Computer Equipment and Software
Site Location Considerations
- Eagle has a 5-year average annual growth rate (2015-2020) of 6% with a 1-year projected annual growth rate of 1.1% in Manufacturing, and with the 6% 5-year growth and 1-year project growth of 2% in the recreation sector, this makes this industry sector a good fit for Eagle.
- Eagle has an active community that enjoys time spent on leisure and sports, providing for an existing and solid customer base in the manufacturing of outdoor and recreational products.
- Eagle and the region is home to many agricultural and agri-tourism businesses that act as a supply chain for various types of manufacturing companies.
- Easy access to available semi-skilled and skilled labor, as well as white-collar professionals such as design technicians and outdoor centric business skills
- Access to available business support services
- With the mild climate, rivers, hills, trails, pathways and parks, the ability to field test products is right outside your back door
- Major transportation corridors provide access to expanding healthcare system. Eagle has access to four (4) major transportation corridors offering excellent access to the region (State Highway 55, State Highway 44, State Highway 16 and US 20/26)
- Eagle's location at the intersection of State Highway 44 and State Highway 55 (Eagle Road) offers direct connection to Interstate-84 and with future plans to extend State Highway 16 to and through to Interstate-84, Eagle's transportation network just got even better
- A short drive to the Boise Airport (BOI) and non-stop flights to over twenty-eight (28) major destinations with connecting flights to thousands of cities worldwide, business travel is convenient and nearly effortless
- Eagle is served by top-rated school districts for K-12 education, along with a dozen degree granting institutions in the region for higher-education, providing our community with a strong foundation from which to recruit talent
- Eagle's location within the Boise MSA provides local employers access to over 350,000 dynamic workers as commuters come from across the region to work here.
- Net migration measures the migration both into and out-of the Boise Metro. In 2019, the Boise Metro had the fastest rate of net migration of any U.S. Metro* outside of Florida. 93% of the migration, on net, is arriving from outside of Idaho. Of these out-of-state movers, over 60%, on net, is made up of people under 50 years old, and 1 in 3 new residents, on net, is between 20 and 49 years old.
Cost of Doing Business:
- The State of Idaho has low personal and corporate income tax
- State of Idaho has no inventory tax
- Services including telecommunications, and utilities (water, electricity, and natural gas) are not taxed
- The cost of living in the Boise MSA is below the national average and offers a wide variety of housing options.
- Low utility costs
- Eagle offers incentives to companies creating primary jobs in the community
- The City of Eagle's Economic Development staff works as a company's business liaison, facilitating the navigation of the development processes and advocating for the business
- COE staff is ready to work with you to identify the incentives available and coordinate with state and county officials to apply for applicable incentive programs
- The City offers a large revitalization area which allows for tax increment financing for infrastructure improvements for new commercial projects
- Qualifying companies could potentially receive property tax abatement of up to 50% for 5 years on competitive economic development projects
- The City of Eagle offers Industrial Revenue Bonds for qualifying projects