The City of Eagle seeks career-oriented professionals who have a commitment to public service. To apply, you must meet all minimum requirements and submit an application for employment to the City Clerk’s Office.
Applications will only be accepted for positions currently open.
If there are no jobs listed, please check back with us in the future. All completed City applications and supporting documents must be emailed or hand-delivered to City Hall at 660 E Civic Lane, Eagle, ID 83616.
- Recreation Leader – Camps & Classes (10 positions): The individual in this position is primarily responsible for working with youth in City of Eagle camp programs, ages 5-11 years old. The duties will involve leading daily activities that coordinate with weekly themes, supervising children, maintaining leadership and resolving disciplinary issues, planning activities, and ensuring participants are engaged. Recreation Leaders are also responsible for interacting with the participants and parents and being accountable for participants at all times. Recreation Leaders may assist with City of Eagle community events and athletic programs. Other duties may be assigned.
- Planner II: Under direct supervision of the Planning and Zoning Director, performs professional level technical work related to land use planning, zoning, construction plan review, building, and site inspection, and code enforcement. This is a full-time position, and the work hours are generally Monday through Friday with some night meetings. The rate of pay is $49,000 - $62,000 DOE.
- Building Department: Administrative Clerk I (Temporary Position): Under direct supervision of the City Building Official, performs general receptionist duties, administrative support, data entry, database management, file management, and general clerical work for the Building Department. This is a part-time (< 30 hours) and temporary position. The starting rate of pay is $14.11.
- Library Shelver (3 Positions): The Eagle Public Library is seeking candidates to fill a Shelver position. The ideal candidate will be joining a library focused on delivering community-driven services and must be: passionate about serving library guests of all ages, passionate about literacy, and willing to try new ideas. The successful candidate will bring a positive, creative, and enthusiastic approach to providing library service to the families of Eagle. This position reports to the Shelver Supervisor. Shelvers assist library guests by shelving library materials and maintaining materials in the appropriate order.
- Public Works Maintenance Technician – Seasonal (4 Positions): This individual(s) will provide critical maintenance and landscaping in the municipal park system, trail system, and at City-owned facilities. The individual(s) in this position is primarily responsible for working with hand and power tools, power equipment, sprayers, and other devices, indoors and outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions. This is a seasonal position and work hours will generally be Tuesday through Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm. However, work hours may vary.
Grounds Maintenance Technician – Seasonal (3 Positions): The individual(s) in this position is primarily responsible for performing routine grounds maintenance in all aspects of city parks and facilities including but not limited to – horticulture, pathway maintenance, and irrigation. Occasionally, other than the routine items listed, there may be other matters that must be done to ensure the parks and facilities are well maintained. Duties require work to be completed courteously, safely, efficiently and in adverse weather at times. Will work under the supervision of the Public Works Director or sometimes an assigned supervisor, who gives written or oral work orders. Other duties outside of this description may be assigned. This is a seasonal position and work hours will generally be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. However, work hours may vary.
Application for Employment (Fillable PDF) Please download a copy of the blank application to your computer, then open the file in one of the following PDF reading programs; Microsoft Edge, Mac Preview, or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Fill out the form in one of those applications and save it. Do not fill out the application using the Google Chrome browser. Changes made in Chrome will not save, and you will lose your progress.