City of Eagle Election Information
Election Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
The 2021 General Election has two (2) at-large Eagle City Council positions up for election, each will be serving four (4) year terms. The two candidates with the highest number of votes will be elected to the City Council.
Interested in running for office?
When Can I File?
- The first day for a candidate to file a Declaration of Candidacy is Monday, August 23, 2021, at 8:00 a.m.
- The last day to file your Declaration of Candidacy is Friday, September 3, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
- Declaration of Candidacy paperwork must be filed with the City Clerk, (electronic submittals will not be accepted) 660 E. Civic Ln. Eagle, Idaho. If you have additional questions, please call 208-939-6813.
What Do I Need?
The window to file as a traditional candidate is now closed. You may file as a write-in candidate until Friday, September 10 at 5:00 pm. Candidates for City elected office are required to file a Declaration of Candidacy with the Eagle City Clerk with one of the following:
- A nonrefundable filing fee of $40 OR
- A Petition of Candidacy signed by at least five qualified city electors. Signatures on the Petition of Candidacy must be verified by Ada County Elections Office (400 N. Benjamin Street #100, Boise, Idaho 83704) prior to filing with the Eagle City Clerk’s Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view candidate campaign finance reports? AND Where do I go to file campaign finance reports?
The Idaho Secretary of State’s Office oversees all campaign finance reporting. New reporting laws (I.C. 67-6608) require reporting for candidates who receive contributions or expends $500 or more. Visit https://sos.idaho.gov/elections-division/campaign-finance-filing/ to view candidate filings.
How do I register to vote?
Where do I vote?
How do I request an absentee ballot?
How do I view a sample ballot?
Where will election results be posted?
The Idaho Secretary of State’s website is a fantastic resource for Idaho voters: https://voteidaho.gov/