The Mayor's Youth Advisory Council, or MYAC, is an advisory council to the Mayor and Council in the City of Eagle. This council aims to empower youth to become active members of their community. This group acts as a voice for teens within the city government.
If you want to be actively involved with local government, make an impact on your community through community service, and empower youth to use their voice to inflict change in the community, then MYAC is the commission for you. Everyone can make a difference in the community. It just takes that first step to apply.
- You must live within the boundaries of Eagle, Idaho
- You must be in High School (Freshman - Senior)
- You must attend at least 1 MYAC Meeting a month
- You must expect to commit at least 15 hours to MYAC a month
September-April: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month from 3:45-5:00 PM (Twice a month).
May-August (Summer): 2nd Thursday of every month from 3:45-5:00 PM (Once a month).
Chairperson (Co-Chairpersons): Presides over and conducts all meetings and determines what is on the agenda for MYAC.
Vice-Chairperson: Takes action as delegated by the chairperson of MYAC.
Treasurer: Responsible for all financial matters of MYAC.
Historian: Record keeper of all activities of MYAC including photography!
Secretary: Prepare the minutes of each meeting of MYAC.
School Representatives: Works with their schools to voice their opinion on all things MYAC. 1 representative per school.
- Eagle High School
- Capital High School
- North Star Charter School
- Renaissance High School
- Eagle Academy High School
- Bishop Kelly High School
- Rocky Mountain High School
- Any other school will be considered an "At Large" representative as long as the requirements mentioned above are met.