Downtown Advisory Board
The City of Eagle, by resolution of the City Council, established this advisory board to provide sustainability and continued redevelopment and revitalization of the City’s downtown planning areas. To accomplish its mission, the board will work closely with organizations, businesses, property owners, City Staff, and community groups to develop an Eagle Downtown Master Plan which will include goals, objectives, implementation strategies, and an action plan, which in turn will promote city-wide economic development efforts and foster downtown revitalization. In addition, the board will have task items in which to work through on matters pertaining to issues impacting the economic, social, cultural, environmental, physical, and educational conditions in Downtown Eagle.
Purpose of the Board
- Advise and make recommendations to the Mayor, City Council and City Staff on matters pertaining to issues impacting the economic, social, cultural, environmental, physical, and educational conditions in Downtown Eagle.
- Collaborate with City Staff and the public to develop an Eagle Downtown Master Plan (Goal #1A). This plan shall include goals, objectives, implementation strategies, and an action plan which in turn will promote city-wide economic development efforts and foster downtown revitalization.
- For information on the Downtown Master Plan planning, public outreach, and adoption process, click here.
- Work with the Mayor, Staff and City Council to facilitate the creation of an independent organization, separate, distinct, and independent from the city government and known as a Downtown Business Association, guiding the efforts of creating the structure for the association and working committees that follow the National Main Street Approach (Goal #2) .
- Act as a champion for Downtown Eagle supporting collaboration, entrepreneurship, and investment.
- Conduct evaluations and provide recommendations for changes or additions to current ordinances, land development policies, architectural design standards, and existing adopted city plans that impact the growth and sustainability of Downtown Eagle (Goal #1B).
- Facilitate the process for establishing a Business Improvement District within specific downtown areas, and act as a strategic advisor to facilitate the visioning, planning, and coordination of such (Goal #3).
- Recommend and monitor implementation of downtown planning efforts.
- Provide recommendations for effective management of the public resources for downtown, recommend financial tools, and actively pursue and assist private sector investment in the downtown area in coordination with the City, until a formal Downtown Association has been created.
- Cooperate with and evaluate and represent the recommendations of other organizations, including, but not limited to, Chamber of Commerce, government agencies, property owners, merchants, residents, businesses, tenants, institutions, and other members of the downtown community.
- Work closely with all organizations, business and property owners, City Staff, and community groups to maximize the resources available to downtown.
The board consists of five (5) voting members and four (4) non-voting liaison members as follows:
Voting Board Members
- Mark Butler
- CJ Cacioppo
- Meg Glasgow
- Mark McAllister
- Aimee Ricci
Non-Voting Liaison Positions
- Robin Collins, City of Eagle Economic Development Director
- Katie Wright, City of Eagle Economic Development Specialist
- Brad Pike, City of Eagle Council Member
- Ashley Squyres, Eagle Urban Renewal Agency Executive Director
The Board will conduct regular monthly meetings at City Hall. Special meetings may be requested by the Economic Development Director and/or Mayor, the Chair of the Board, or by a majority of the voting members. All meetings are open to the public and the Board will comply with the Idaho Open Meetings Act, including posting of notices and agendas.
For more information about this board, or to request to be put on the agenda, please contact Katie Wright at (208) 489-8780 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org