- Eagle Boards & Commissions
- Historic Preservation Commission
Historic Preservation Commission
- 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall
660 E Civic Lane
Eagle, ID 83616
All meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
To request agendas or minutes visit Laserfiche WebLink, or fill out the Public Records Request.
- Joel D’Andrea
- Karen MacFarlane
- Stevie Heath
- Melissa Gindlesperger, Council Liaison
- Alana Dunn, Historic Preservation Officer
The mission of the Eagle Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) is to safeguard the City’s historic structures and features; to foster civic pride in the past; to promote the use of historic districts and landmarks for the education, pleasure, and welfare of the people of the City; and to encourage preservation of historic integrity in land use and development planning.
Historic Preservation Commission’s Vision
To promote the educational and cultural welfare of the citizens of Eagle through the identification, designation, and protection of those buildings, sites, districts, structures, and objects that reflect significant elements of the city’s historic, architectural, archaeological, and cultural heritage.
We serve to benefit the Eagle community by preserving our past to promote our City’s unique character, culture, and feel. We believe it is necessary to preserve the past as we build for the future. Through preservation, we can ensure that the City of Eagle remains differentiated and a great place for all residents to call home.
History is important to us and the past can teach us so much! Through the preservation of historic properties, sites, and objects, it allows us to learn from, enjoy and experience portions of a bygone era in our modern times.
Historic Preservation Commission Details
Members of the Historic Preservation Commission are appointed by the City Council. All members of the Commission have demonstrated an interest, competence, and/or knowledge in history and historic preservation. The Commission acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council and is authorized to oversee historic properties within the City of Eagle.
For full details of the powers, duties, and responsibilities of the Commission, see Eagle City Code, Title 2, Chapter 6 and Title 8, Chapter 9.
The Municipal Registry is now online! A review of Eagle’s historical properties is ongoing. If you have any information on these sites or other properties that the Commission should consider adding, please contact us.
- The Municipal Registry for Eagle, Idaho (PDF): The Commission has deemed these sites historically significant
- Municipal Registry Map (PDF)
- Walking Tour Brochure (PDF): Download a copy of the Historic Walking Tour. Get out and learn about Eagle’s rich history!
- The Eagle Museum of History & Preservation
- National Park Service Technical Preservation Resources: Here is helpful information from the National Park Service with numerous Preservation Briefs that provide guidance on preserving, rehabilitating, and restoring historic buildings.