As temperatures warm up, you may see more door-to-door solicitors in Eagle. As residents, there are some things you should know:
- The City of Eagle requires that all solicitors obtain a permit before starting door-to-door sales. The permit process includes a federal background check. All approved individuals receive a City-issued photo identification badge.
- If a solicitor comes to your door, ask to see their ID badge. If they cannot show a badge, they are most likely not permitted to go door to door.
- Soliciting without a permit is a misdemeanor in Eagle.
- Residents should call non-emergency police dispatch immediately after interacting with the non-permitted solicitor. The number for non-emergency dispatch is 208-377-6790.
- Even if a solicitor is permitted, you always have the right to ask people to leave your property. Should individuals resist, or if you feel threatened, call police dispatch and report the incident immediately.
- Eagle residents may post a "No Soliciting" sign on their home to discourage contact from solicitors.
- Homeowner Associations may request that the entire subdivision be added to the "No Soliciting" list. For more information, contact the Clerk's Office at City Hall at 208-939-6813.
Keep in mind that a City-issued permit does not guarantee the quality of services or products. The City of Eagle encourages residents to investigate the business thoroughly and ask for referrals.